Author of the Month: Petra Asamoah
A great book is always a good reason for people to gather and that is why we are so excited about our author of the month for May. On Wednesday 25th May 2022 at the Goethe-Institut in Accra, our guest author Petra Asamoah will discuss her book, Jungle Dance. The hour-long session of readings and conversation will start at 7 PM.
Petra Asamoah is a prolific writer, public speaker and trainer. Jungle Dance is her second publication in which she reflects over her fifteen years of experience in the corporate world through the story of two women and how they navigate life, love, corporate politics and their own internal struggles.
Petra started writing poems and short stories from an early age. As an undergraduate student at the University of Ghana she shared some of her work on Radio Univers, a platform she credits with giving life to her talent. She published her first book in 2017, Sales 101: What Everyone Should Know About Sales. She considers it her contribution to the Marketing profession as she has spent most of her professional career as a Marketing Practitioner, holding senior management positions in the airline industry, media and textile manufacturing.
Petra is a Chartered Marketer by profession and a member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing, Ghana. She holds a Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing from the Chartered Institute of Marketing, UK, an MPhil (Marketing) from the University of Ghana Business School and a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Political Science also from the University of Ghana. She teaches Marketing on a part time basis and has taught at Simon Page College of Marketing and Ashesi University.
We look forward to having you join us in person. You can also join us online and share in the experience.
Date: Wednesday, 25th May, 2022.
Time: 7:00 PM - 8.00 PM
Follow us online: IG (@writersPG) / FB (Writers Project of Ghana) / Youtube (@WPGTV)
Zoom: Meeting ID: 898 8347 1829 Passcode: 231607
Venue: Goethe-Institut, 30 Kakramadu Road, East Cantonments, Accra.
- Author of the Month: Petra Asamoah
- Announcing Pa Gya! A Literary Festival in Accra (2022) and Call for Proposals
- Poetry Time at Goethe Abansoro with Asangba Reginald Taluah and Emma Ofosua
- An Intergenerational Celebration of the Legacy of Ama Ata Aidoo
- Author of the Month: Special Edition with the AKO Caine Prize for African Writing
- Poetry Time at Goethe Abansoro Resumes with A'bena and Nana Yaa Asante-Darko
- Author of the Month: Edusei Derkyi
- Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year!
- The Journal of the Writers Project of Ghana -- Submissions
- The Abena Korantemaa Oral History Prize (2021) -- Extension of Deadline
- Poetry Time at Goethe Abansuro with Brian Gyamfi and Ato Kwamena Boxer
- Author for August 2021: Mukoma Wa Ngugi
- Call for Submissions: The Abena Korantemaa Oral History Prize (2021)
- Poetry Time at Goethe Abansuro with Iquo DianaAbasi and Nana Akosua Serwaa Adu-Boateng
- Announcing Pa Gya! A literary Festival in Accra (2021)
- The 2021 Mo Issa Writing Workshops
- Yaa Gyasi is author for July 2021
- Poetry Time at Goethe Abansuro with Amy Shimshon-Santo and Nana Asaase