The 2020 Mo Issa Writing Workshops
Writers Project of Ghana announces the opening of applications for the 2020 edition of the Mo Issa Writing Workshops. This year, the workshop series will run online on a six-week schedule.
The Mo Issa Workshops are an annual writing workshop series organised to help writers hone their skills and improve on their writing projects and assist them prepare manuscripts for publication. The workshops are organised by Writers Project of Ghana with the support of The Authenticity Project.
The workshops are open to writers who are working on stories and/or poetry collections and seek to improve on their work. The deadline for applications is Friday, 21st August, 2020 and the workshops will start on 28th August, 2020. Selected applicants will be notified ahead of the start of the workshops.
This year, the workshops are open to writers working on a novel, short story collection or poetry collection. The workshop sessions will involve assessment of individual scripts and cover (a) Creative Concepts and Content (b) Language and Structure (c) Editing and (d) Rewriting the manuscript.
Only twelve spaces are available for participants, therefore, interested persons are encouraged to apply early.
GUIDELINES: Send an application by email to email@example.com with the subject "Mo Issa Writing Workshops".
- In the body of the email, add a short (50 - 100 word) self introduction.
- Attach a sample of writing as a Word or PDF document.
- Applicants looking to work on their NOVEL during the period of the workshop should send a 12,000 to 15,000 word sample from the novel.
- Applicants looking to work on their SHORT STORY COLLECTION during the period of the workshop should send 3 to 5 short stories.
- Applicants looking to work on their POETRY ANTHOLOGY during the period of the workshop should send 15-20 poems.
Note that the submitted works will be the material used during the workshops.
For more details, or to put in an application, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.