Poetry Time at Goethe Abansoro Resumes with A'bena and Nana Yaa Asante-Darko
The April winds are magical, And thrill our tuneful frames; The garden-walks are passional, To bachelors and dames. ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
April is here and brings with it a poetic wind. The first Poetry Time at Goethe Abansoro for the year comes off this month, on Wednesday the 13th, at 7 PM GMT. All bachelors, dames and lovers of poetry are invited to join us at the Goethe-Institut in Cantonments, Accra.
We're bringing together practiced poets for a thrilling evening of themed poetry reading and discussion that will seek to explore the poets; thoughts about their works.
A'bena is a Benino-Ghanaian poet based in Accra. Her work is centred around women and girls' rights Advocacy. She has been published in the third issue of the CGW Series and is better known for her poetry performances. She is also a writer and believes in the power of the literary arts to propel social change.
Nana Yaa Asante-Darko is a writer of poetry and fiction. Her work has appeared in various print and online magazines over the years. In addition to literature, she spends her time working as a sustainability financial analyst with a focus on climate risk.
Agana-Nsiire Agana is a Ghanaian writer and academic currently based in Scotland, where he is pursuing a PhD in Divinity at the University of Edinburgh. Agana has published poetry and short stories locally and internationally, and is currently working on his first novel. Agana draws on an eclectic educational background spanning zoology, software, business, theology, philosophy, and history to explore themes of humanity, spirituality, and meaning in the world. His most recent work appears in Resilience, a literary collection by the Writers Project of Ghana.
Join us in person or online to enjoy the pieces and add your views to the discussion. We look forward to spending the time with you in whichever way you're available.
Venue: Goethe-Institut, 30 Kakramadu Road, East Cantonments, Accra.
Date: Wednesday 13th April, 2022
Time: 7:00 PM
Online: IG (@writersPG) / FB (Writers Project of Ghana) / Youtube (@WPGTV)
Zoom: Meeting ID: 839 2744 4989 Passcode: 339444
- Poetry Time at Goethe Abansoro Resumes with A'bena and Nana Yaa Asante-Darko
- Author of the Month: Edusei Derkyi
- Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year!
- The Journal of the Writers Project of Ghana -- Submissions
- The Abena Korantemaa Oral History Prize (2021) -- Extension of Deadline
- Poetry Time at Goethe Abansuro with Brian Gyamfi and Ato Kwamena Boxer
- Author for August 2021: Mukoma Wa Ngugi
- Call for Submissions: The Abena Korantemaa Oral History Prize (2021)
- Poetry Time at Goethe Abansuro with Iquo DianaAbasi and Nana Akosua Serwaa Adu-Boateng
- Announcing Pa Gya! A literary Festival in Accra (2021)
- The 2021 Mo Issa Writing Workshops
- Yaa Gyasi is author for July 2021
- Poetry Time at Goethe Abansuro with Amy Shimshon-Santo and Nana Asaase
- Special Reading: Accra Noir
- Michael Afenfia is author for June 2021
- Poetry Time at Goethe Abansuro with Ayi Renaud Dossavi, Danielle Eyango and Agana-Nsiire Agana
- G. A. Agambila is author for May 2021
- Poetry Time at Goethe Abansuro with Ama Asantewa Diaka, Tanatsei Gambura and Henneh Kyereh Kwaku