Author of the Month: Edusei Derkyi
Writers Project of Ghana returns from our annual break with our monthly public readings, which we organise in collaboration with our partners, Goethe-Institut Ghana. The series, now in its 10th year, provides an opportunity for writers to engage with an audience for an hour of interactive readings and discussions.
For the first event this year, we present Edusei Derkyi as our author for the month of March. He will read from his latest novel, Kwansema's Choice, which is a sequel to Aboakyer -- The Hunt of the Efutu People.
Edusei Derkyi is a retired bank executive and author of a series of historical novels, poems, and science adventure books for children. His books include Yaaba -- A Day in the Life of an African Girl Child, the series Adventures of Hurricane and Tornado and Ramblings of My Mind – An anthology of 45 Life Poems.
Edusei Derkyi is a music enthusiast and his writing usually includes songs to reflect the pivotal role music plays in the everyday life of the African. He is a past President of the Rotary Club of Accra-North and an elected Fellow of the Commonwealth Hall of the University of Ghana. He was Advisor on Africa to the International Federation for Choral Music (IFCM), and chairman of the Constitution Review Committee of the Ghana Association of Writers (GAW) and a member of its Advisory Board.
Join us for the reading at the Goethe-Institut in Cantonments, Accra on Wednesday, 30th March 2022 at 7 PM. The event will be held in-person. It will also be streamed live on Instagram (@writersPG), Facebook and YouTube. Copies of the author's book will be available for sale.
You are welcome to join us for this reading and discussion via any of the means provided below. You are also welcome to attend in person.
Date: Wednesday, 30th March, 2022
Time: 7:00 PM - 8.00 PM
Follow us online: IG (@writersPG) / FB (Writers Project of Ghana) / Youtube (@WPGTV)
Zoom: Meeting ID: 898 8347 1829 Passcode: 231607
Venue: Goethe-Institut, 30 Kakramadu Close, East Cantonments, Accra.
- Poetry Time at Goethe Abansoro Resumes with A'bena and Nana Yaa Asante-Darko
- Author of the Month: Edusei Derkyi
- Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year!
- The Journal of the Writers Project of Ghana -- Submissions
- The Abena Korantemaa Oral History Prize (2021) -- Extension of Deadline
- Poetry Time at Goethe Abansuro with Brian Gyamfi and Ato Kwamena Boxer
- Author for August 2021: Mukoma Wa Ngugi
- Call for Submissions: The Abena Korantemaa Oral History Prize (2021)
- Poetry Time at Goethe Abansuro with Iquo DianaAbasi and Nana Akosua Serwaa Adu-Boateng
- Announcing Pa Gya! A literary Festival in Accra (2021)
- The 2021 Mo Issa Writing Workshops
- Yaa Gyasi is author for July 2021
- Poetry Time at Goethe Abansuro with Amy Shimshon-Santo and Nana Asaase
- Special Reading: Accra Noir
- Michael Afenfia is author for June 2021
- Poetry Time at Goethe Abansuro with Ayi Renaud Dossavi, Danielle Eyango and Agana-Nsiire Agana
- G. A. Agambila is author for May 2021
- Poetry Time at Goethe Abansuro with Ama Asantewa Diaka, Tanatsei Gambura and Henneh Kyereh Kwaku