Announcing Pa Gya! A Literary Festival in Accra (2022) and Call for Proposals
Writers Project of Ghana and Goethe-Institut Ghana are pleased to announce the sixth edition of Pa Gya! A Literary Festival in Accra. The festival will take place from Friday, 14th October 2022 to Sunday, 16th October 2022.
Pa Gya! A Literary Festival in Accra is a three day literary arts festival featuring activities such as readings, panel discussions, performances, book launches amd sales, literary prize awards and many more. The festival engages all literary forms such as fiction, poetry, spoken word, comic and graphic novels, creative non-fiction such as travel writing and literary blogging. Over the years, the festival has grown to include art talks, art and literary exhibitions, film screenings and many more. The festival also offers booksellers, publishers and independent authors to showcase and sell their books.
Writers, poets, literary performers, academics, editors, illustrators, librarians, literary agents, bloggers and many other literary practitioners from Ghana, Africa, the Black Diaspora and all over the world find a welcoming space to showcase their works and fraternise during the festival. In 2021, we featured guests from 17 countries across the world and hosted audiences both online and in-person.
Over the past five editions, Pa Gya! has brought the literary community in Ghana together and provided platforms for networking and initiatives.
In 2022, the festival promises to be as exciting, if not more so, than previous editions. We look forward to working with our collaborators for yet another exciting edition.
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
The festival is currently inviting proposals and collaboration from organizations, groups or persons interested in participating in this year’s festival until June 17 2022. The proposals must focus on literary output (writing, books, performance, etc.) or activities (workshops, book clubs, etc.) or related projects.
Interested persons, organizations and groups who wish to present or stage an event may email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject PROPOSAL FOR PAGYA 2022. Such proposals will be received until June 17, 2022, following which they will be reviewed and successful projects will be contacted in July 2022.
The call is also open to booksellers, publishers and literary organizations who may wish to take stands during the festival.
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone/ Whatsapp: 026 766 8890 (call times 9 am to 6 pm every day )
Follow our social media platforms for updates on the festival and other WPG related events : Facebook - Writers Project of Ghana and Twitter/ Instagram - @writerspg
- Announcing Pa Gya! A Literary Festival in Accra (2022) and Call for Proposals
- Poetry Time at Goethe Abansoro with Asangba Reginald Taluah and Emma Ofosua
- An Intergenerational Celebration of the Legacy of Ama Ata Aidoo
- Author of the Month: Special Edition with the AKO Caine Prize for African Writing
- Poetry Time at Goethe Abansoro Resumes with A'bena and Nana Yaa Asante-Darko
- Author of the Month: Edusei Derkyi
- Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year!
- The Journal of the Writers Project of Ghana -- Submissions
- The Abena Korantemaa Oral History Prize (2021) -- Extension of Deadline
- Poetry Time at Goethe Abansuro with Brian Gyamfi and Ato Kwamena Boxer
- Author for August 2021: Mukoma Wa Ngugi
- Call for Submissions: The Abena Korantemaa Oral History Prize (2021)
- Poetry Time at Goethe Abansuro with Iquo DianaAbasi and Nana Akosua Serwaa Adu-Boateng
- Announcing Pa Gya! A literary Festival in Accra (2021)
- The 2021 Mo Issa Writing Workshops
- Yaa Gyasi is author for July 2021
- Poetry Time at Goethe Abansuro with Amy Shimshon-Santo and Nana Asaase
- Special Reading: Accra Noir